Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What to say... hmmm...

I have it in my head to talk about Casey Anthony, but there's so much discussion about it, it seems I'm only perpetuating the wrongness by talking more about it. Therefore, I say, the world has become a place where evil abounds, and whatever comes of her and her family is just what the world has for them. I hope they have a firm faith, or have found faith in the midst of all of this... and from there, they can only get better, and hopefully heal.

Now, on to more matters of importance. Being on a 40 foot ladder at a peak about 3 stories high is a feat in itself. I've had the privilege of being gifted with a lack of fear of heights, and it serves me well in the home we've been blessed with. I try to paint the outside of the house as it needs it, and boy, it sure needs it in certain places. Thankfully the largest side of the house is covered in ivy, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to tackle that task. Meanwhile, I'm tackling another section, which is nearly as high, but doesn't have the enormous slope in the ground surrounding the north side. However, without enough strength to handle moving this huge ladder (which weighs a TON), I'm stuck waiting on strong male family members to come and help me move it. I don't like being forced to depend on others. That's one thing I've always struggled with. I like my independence, and don't care to give it up. Lacking fear of much of anything is one thing, but patience is a virtue I have yet to fully learn. Believe me, I'm trying. This past year I've grown a lot in that realm, but times like these it fails me.

What makes one strong? There are a lot of answers to that question. Inner strength is a wonderful thing... I feel like I have a lot of inner strength, but there are certain aspects of life that bring out the intimidation and uncertainty. I can say that things in my past have strengthened me... going through difficulties always brings a certain increase in wisdom and strength. How I wish we didn't have to bear struggles in order to gain wisdom and strength! One thing you can't really pass on to others is strength. You can talk of your own, and allow people to see strength through opening your heart to them, but it doesn't translate into strength for them. What they are able to glean from your openness is golden, but they have to find strength on their own.

My family is one of codependence and enabling. I hate to say I'm in that same category, because I see all the wrong in it when I look at OTHER family members... but yes, I am among them in these things. We want so much to help one another to be better, stronger, wiser, and overall healthier people, but we lack the ability to see that we can't transfer strength to one another as much as we'd like to. The family unit is indeed an avenue of strength - knowing you have people to support you, like the ones coming to move the ladder today. Allowing them to make bad decisions and rely on you to help them out of those decisions is another matter entirely. We do that. I try not to, but in my heart, they're my family, and it's a guilt that lingers if I don't at least help a little.

One of my family members just moved home after being states away for 5+ years. He struggled a lot while he was away... found himself in situations that certainly built his wisdom and strength as he went through them. I can say now that he is a stronger, more mature person who knows the value of family, the value of a dollar, of a roof over his head, a bed to lay on, and food to eat. Those are priceless lessons of life that you can't get any other way but by going through the bad situations. I'm proud of him. He inspires me in those things he's endured.

In any case, perhaps this trial that has been going on for 3 years with the Anthony family will bring them wisdom and discernment that they didn't have before. Perhaps they've all been able to take something good away from what they've been through. I hope so. No one can live their lives or know their pain like they do. It's possible that no one knows what really did happen, except for the person(s) who committed the crime. If so, it may be a daunting task to continue on in life, not knowing what happened to Caylee... but I don't think living life in the middle of the pain of not knowing is going to get them any peace. Hopefully they'll find strength and be able to move on successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment