Tuesday, October 28, 2014

When Life Changes...

I never expected life to change for me. I was content with the life I'd been handed by God. It is a good life, but it has changed. These last 3 months have been challenging to say the least. Bouts of loneliness, aimlessness, foreign travel, and the absence of my other half have been difficult.

Life has changed because the Lord pleased. It wasn't my doing, it was the doing of the world around me, and the career of my husband. Little did I know last June that I would be sitting here alone typing about the life I've come to know. The "new normal" has just begun, I'm afraid. I believe, with Ben's success over seas, that he will now be a world traveler for years to come. He loves the big cities. He thrives on challenges that take him from his comfort zone. He is a great success and I'm so proud of all that he's been able to accomplish with his job. I can't say enough about how steadfast, resilient, and effective in what he has chosen for his career. He has made our lives easier in the process, although at this very moment, I would not say that 'easier' is a word I'd use.

Life. Now my life is more about me. I sleep and wake when I please. I am a lady of leisure. I don't pride myself on that, but I do enjoy it. I have been able to become slightly successful in my own ventures, thanks to God. My days are filled with what I choose. I work on things that need doing, and I am able to create and design for clients with ease. I don't think that the new normal is to be praised for that, but the Lord knew what my life needed, and what I could glorify Him in, so He has created my life despite my efforts.

Perspectives have changed. I see life in a new way now. I hadn't seen things this way before. My horizons have been broadened. I appreciate things more now. My partner, my job, my life, my home, my family, and my friends. I have been able to expand in all of those things since August 1. My God has allowed me the wisdom and insight to see the people in my life, see needs that weren't apparent to me before, and to have the time needed to be successful in changing lives. I love more. I reach out more. I'm an introvert at my core, but being alone for this time has brought me to a place of needing people more than ever before. I was able to meet with two people today, who I rarely see. Facebook is our normal mode of communication, but today was face to face. I spent hours with a childhood friend who I never see today. She was such a blessing to me, and she allowed me to see what her life has been, and what she has been in the midst of that. What a brave and well rounded human being. My second friend has conquered cancer, and she gives me a sense of family and love that no one else gives me. I see her as a real warrior, and I am blessed to know her.

To have the ability to broaden myself in these ways has been very beneficial for me. I have reached a new level of being within all of this. What a blessing it is to be a blessing to others! If you have a chance, reach out. Be real. Open your heart to others. They need you! They are who you're here for. God has a plan, and if you allow it, He will open doors to do the work He has placed us here to do. Be a blessing, it doesn't take much!

No comments:

Post a Comment