Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The positivity of knowing...

Here I am, alone in my home, thinking of the encounter I just had with my friend. Not 4 friends who were scheduled to be here, but one. My dear friend, who I knew would be here.

Thinking on the evening, I realize the gravity of the situation, however minor. We had planned this gathering months ago, and as life often happens, 3 of them were not able to come. My heart is heavy because of the burdens they bear. My heart was lifted by the simple time my friend and I had to spend together.

What my mind goes to is the complexity of life as we move forward day to day. The others didn't realize the things that would halt them from getting to our gathering... they were stopped short in their lives and had to reroute themselves in order to maintain sanity and life as they knew it. I understand that.

What I'm struck with is the willingness to move through the road blocks in order to maintain what we know as "normal". We all have difficulties and issues that come to light every day, and to move through all of that and maintain a sense of normalcy is truly a measure of grace.

God knows what we move through. He planned it out from the before to the aft. He sees the plans He's made for us and allows us to wiggle through life as He sees fit. We aren't miraculous, or genius.... we simply trust in the Lord and accommodate what He sets before us. It's tedious, I'll admit... but not impossible. I've moved through enough obstacles in the last 5 years to know that His will is perfect, and He places our boundaries according to our willingness and ability to overcome them. People outside of us may not see what the entire issue may be, but that's what comes as true friendship.

My friend had her car broken into, and has had a more than full schedule for her full-time job to compensate for in the middle of changing locks, changing checking accounts, and so on. My other friend has a familial issue that can't be avoided, and that may cause many a sleepless night in the process of being overcome. Things get outside of our reality and we have to give of ourselves to either overcome or bypass these things. My friends have chosen to overcome, and I'm proud of them.

As you move through life, don't only dwell on the things in your path, but on the things your friends and family have placed in theirs. God knows that we are all woven together in this thing called life, and we can assist our friends and family through the issues that compound our day to day lives. Recognize those things in others' lives and be willing to lend a hand. Prayer, physical effort, etc., it all means a great deal to those who are in the midst of it.

Be blessed, because God blessed you. You are a blessing just waiting to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment