Thursday, July 3, 2014

Changes...

Isn't that a song from the 70s? My friend Robyn would know, or Mary... I think it's a Beatles tune. Anyway... I'm experiencing changes in my life. Quite significant actually. I'm not one to enjoy change, but I'm determined to take this in stride. I want to prove to myself and the people around me that I don't always crumple under the pressures of change.

I've had a several-year hiatus from a regular job, and as I've walked through these years - however slowly they have gone by - I haven't faced change with anything except fear. I'm continuously second guessing myself whenever I apply to a job, or even get an interview. I wait patiently in this very moment to hear from an interview I thought I did well with. They told me 2-3 weeks for an answer to at least a second interview, and it has been 4. I've contacted them, but it seems efforts in this job filling have stalled. SIGH!

In any case, these changes for me, for us, are new and in my opinion, pretty big. I want to believe that what I will be committed to will make me stronger. I know it will be even more difficult for Ben, but he is much better at change, and plus, he signed up for this specific opportunity. Me, not so much. But, I can't look at it like that - I have to look at it and say "this is happening, and I need to ready myself for the changes that are likely to come." So easy to type. So uneasy in my soul...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Gladys is figuring out that she may very well be in mid-swing of menopause. Yup. I'm that old. Well, it hits women who never give birth earlier in life (so they tell me...). Moods, sweats, insomnia, belly weight gain... oh joyous rapture! I couldn't be more disappointed that I've lived long enough to experience this garbage! I need to see the doctor and possibly find some supplements in order to thwart the awfulness of this change of life. GOOD GRIEF. I can't believe it really... but, it's another change - a big one - that I'm in the middle of.

God help me. I could use a job, a break, a little more grace, and some serious wisdom... Welcome to the world of a middle aged menopausal nightmare on wheels...! Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment