Sunday, October 21, 2012

What it takes to love...

The recent weeks have taught me a lot about what it takes to love. I've had a lot of circumstances that required more of me than usual. Often I look at these types of things with a heavy sigh, but today I can say that those moments of hesitation have been worth the effort.

Not being a parent, I've known that my life has been much easier than most. What I've found is a new appreciation for the things that require all of you, and all of your attention and time. Caring for a dog is so much more than caring for cats! The time invested has been a reality that I'm not sure I was ready for... Alas, here we are in the midst of it. Getting up at 7 a.m. On Saturday is tough when you're used to sleeping until at least 9 .... But, the end result I want is way bigger than me. I want to make a difference, and I know what I'm doing will allow that.

Beside me is a man of high priority and sensitive heart. He loves my passionate heart, and has become a part of my passion. I believe each of us can make a difference in the lives of others, but it does take dedication. I say that as my beloved counterpart snores next to me, anticipating his team playing during the Sunday night game... He may never see the game!

I want to be a voice. I want to be heard, but if my voice is only heard by the animals my life impact, I will still feel successful. Be the voice... It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment