Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Greater is He...

The last few days I've had a particular verse from the bible that has been on my heart. I've heard it several times when I start up my car for a journey, written on posts, and songs in my head. It's not something I focus on, but after a while, it started to be something often enough for me to write out.

"Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world." Greater... more powerful... more careful... God is in me. God shows me things I wouldn't normally see. I reached out to a distant friend last week after finding a yankee candle in my stock. It's her favorite scent, and I was reminded of her when I found it. I wrote to her, telling her what I'd found, and that I was thinking of her. It happened to be that that particular day was the year anniversary of her losing her best friend suddenly to a heart attack. She was my friend too... only 43. We've lost quite a few classmates in the last couple of years. My distant friend had been part of my life since high school, and was an employer of mine when I couldn't find work. She reached out, and gave me work. I was in need and she helped me. I couldn't ask for more from a friend. She was hurting that day... remembering the loss. She, like me, doesn't have a lot of close friends to rely on, and our friend that was lost was so important.

He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. We hear that often... it's a biblical promise. It's something we can rely on. God used me to relay that message to my hurting friend. God is greater than death, and wanted the promise of everlasting life to be reiterated to my friend in her time of sadness. That, and the fact that the following day was her deceased mother's birthday. She was in a low week, for sure. No one wants to feel the loss that comes from a parent passing, never mind a friend who has also left us. I believe God wanted to comfort my friend in her low point. I love being used in this way!

Being a conduit for the Lord is something I love in my faith. I know God is real, and that He holds us in His hands. There are days and times when we walk through darkness and feel alone, but He never leaves. It's our emotions that cloud His presence. Our own will that keeps us from focusing on Him and what He has for us. The days of a faith based person aren't promised to be easy... in fact they're said in the bible to be harder as a result of our faith. But, our end game is brighter. Our eternal joy is promised.

Greater is He! Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment