Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Where I Find Myself

I'm seeing changes in my life lately. Changes in friendships, and changes in my career path. I've kept holding the torch for my graphic design career, simply because I know this field, and I excel in this field. I can make money in this, and I want to do that. Other artistic venues are here, and are exciting, but they hold a very small candle to the possibilities of earning a decent income.

I recently found great inspiration from mosaic art. I've since purchased the tools and materials to start creating mosaics. I have 3 pounds of glass pieces coming any day, and have acquired the other necessities to create these types of things. It's exciting! I see pinsterest pieces that are so magnificent! I want to do that! I know I will be able, as I learn and go along in the process. I hope to be able to bless my family, friends, and volunteer organizations with pieces that will bless them and increase their monetary income.

A blessing came to me last week where a business owner came to me through LinkedIn and asked me to interview with them this week. I'm waiting to hear if I'm the selected candidate. It's been a long time since I've been offered an interview, so I've been stoked to be found and sought out online. I hope to be able to say that I have a job, but I also realize, after 5 years of trying, that I may not get the job. We are a common group in this area. Graphic designers are not in high demand, unfortunately. The Lord directs my path, and I know whatever I leave my heart open for He will bless and move me forward in.

I've also found blessings in my friendships. I have reconnected with a friend from grade school who still lives right down the road from where we grew up. She has been open and inviting to me, and we have had several conversations over coffee that have begun to grow new connections in our relationship. I'm grateful. She has been a blessing to me. I have seen recently the falling away of more than one relationship due to their own struggles with life in general. I hate seeing them struggle, but I also hate to be a participant in the drama that is involved in a changing life. I steer clear of those issues, and I think it best that I do, because I am VERY OPINIONATED. Shocker, I know...

My post is of gratitude toward my God and my friends. I love you all so very much... and I want to be all that I can for you and to you. Please keep me in mind for your sounding boards, your ear to listen, your shoulder to cry on. I am an excellent listener, after years of practice. Be blessed! We are all in this life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment